The Drone Analyst: Four Commercial Drone Trends to Watch in 2018
Posted By: Colin Snowon: February 08, 2018 - DRONELIFE
Guest post by leading drone industry analyst Colin Snow of Skylogic Research.
Plné znění článku najdete na adrese:Cituji vybrané části textu:
"...this post looks forward, offering our specific predictions for 2018, including investments, technology improvements, ecosystem partnerships, and software innovations."
(Listen to companion Drone Radio Show podcast here for our complete assessment:
Four Commercial Drone Trends
- Investment and testing will continue in earnest on Unmanned Traffic Management (UTM) and beyond visual line of sight (BVLOS) operations.
- You’ll see more news on improved sensors, hardware integration, networking, and processing.
- Look for more partnerships, software, and innovations coming from the DJI Enterprise ecosystem.
- Software will dominate advancements.
- We also expect to see more aerial imaging and mapping software firms announce artificial intelligence (AI) capabilities. Right now, most of this is cloud-based machine learning (aka deep learning and predictive analytics) where data sets are trained by specialized teams. You may see some edge-based AI announcements for image recognition / machine vision, but be cautious when you do. We think it’s still early in the technology development cycle and AI is at peak hype.
- We think the big news for 2018 will be the integration of drone data and workflow into asset management systems. Capabilities include documentation, tracking, and GIS data integration."
"As I speak to clients, I always like to remind them of two things about the commercial drone market. First, it’s not a drone market, it’s a data and information market. The drone is just a data capture device. Second, drones are aircraft not consumer products and as such their operations are regulated by aviation authorities."
"Listen to the companion podcast here http://bit.ly/2CXe6uK."
Poznámka: Komentáře mohou přidávat pouze členové tohoto blogu.