How Drones, Artificial Intelligence Impacted Hurricane Irma Claims Response
Written by - David Lyman - January 26, 2018 - unmanned-aerial.com
Plné znění článku:
Cituji z článku:
"While much has been written about the impact of drones and artificial intelligence in property/casualty insurance over the last few years, the first real test of these emerging technologies didn’t occur until the 2017 hurricane season.
- After Hurricane Irma battered Florida, reinsurers and insurers of all sizes (small, midsize and top 10) looked to facilitate their claims processing through the use of drones and artificial intelligence.
- One of the most critical factors in post-catastrophe claims processing is capturing and documenting the situation on the ground. Traditionally, this is done using on-the-ground claims adjusters and is supplemented by imagery captured from airplanes or satellites.
- One of the benefits of drones is that they can quickly and safely capture many high-resolution photos after catastrophes. Unlike satellites or airplanes, drones can fly a few feet away from the surface of a home, apartment building, high-rise or even stadium to document the damage to the top and sides of these structures......"
“While the FAA had flight restrictions in place to ensure the safety of manned aircraft engaged in disaster relief operations, the System Operations Support Center of the FAA was operating in full force to provide authorizations for unmanned aircraft operations within restricted areas,” says Armin Monajemi, chief pilot and solutions engineer at Betterview. “The FAA’s staff was very responsive and helpful in providing these authorizations. In most cases, we had the authorization letter back in the same day......”
- For many of our customers, Hurricane Irma was the first time drones were used for catastrophe response...."
- Hurricane Irma demonstrated the value of drones in catastrophe response, as well as showcased how the insurance industry is willing to embrace the latest technology in order to benefit their clients....".
TIP: "Komplexní průvodce drony" najdete na TÉTO adrese.
Poznámka: Komentáře mohou přidávat pouze členové tohoto blogu.